Invest in a piece of design history with this pair of signed fiberglass with hand-painted glaze planters by Gary McCloy ...
moreInvest in a piece of design history with this pair of signed fiberglass with hand-painted glaze planters by Gary McCloy for Steve Chase. Recently procured from an extraordinary coastal cliff top home in Laguna Beach which was custom designed in it's entirety by prolific Southern California based designer Steve Chase.
Work on the house began in the early 1980s and was expanded and completed by the end of that decade. Chase performed as the interior designer as well as being involved through the construction phase from start to finish. Every piece of furniture, built-in cabinetry, millwork, hearth and shelving was custom-made to fit precisely to the home, featuring a generous amount of Lucite, which Chase was well-known for incorporating in his work, including an impressive three inch thick solid Lucite banister running up a curved stairwell. The owners developed a close friendship with Chase and they travelled together on numerous occasions.
These custom designed planters were originally part of the ocean view garden. These pieces were created and signed by potter Gary McCloy and appointed to the project by Chase. They capture the essence of Chase's signature design aesthetic, as described in his own words; deliberate, unexpected and with touch of humor. The strokes of pink glaze punctuates the swirling dark and stormy blacks and charcoals creating a striking contrast with a dash of fun.
So get your hands on a fragment of an incredible story with these time honored plant pots you can regale about to your guests for years to come. These pieces can be used together or individually in a dining room, sunroom, living room, office, family room, covered patio, porch or bedroom for your cacti, fiddle fig trees or ferns. They would also be an Apt choice for a corporate, retail or hospitality location such as a boutique hotel, cocktail bar, members club, conference room,
workspace studio, executive office or in a luxe clothing emporium.
12" H x 15.75" diameter (top) x 11" DIA (bottom)
15" diameter inside
Very good vintage condition. Some signs of use commensurate with age are evident.
We have a large number of items from the Steve Chase home should you wish to make multiple purchases to add to your collection. Please contact us for more details. less
- 15.75ʺW × 15.75ʺD × 12ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Very good vintage condition. Some signs of use commensurate with age are evident. Excellent
Wear consistent with age and use. Very good vintage condition. Some signs of use commensurate with age are evident. less
- Steve Chase
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.