Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Pamela Sunday makes ceramic sculptures inspired by nature.
Her interest in natural forms dates to childhood, when she played alone ... morePamela Sunday makes ceramic sculptures inspired by nature.
Her interest in natural forms dates to childhood, when she played alone in the woods, combing the ground for fossils and hiding in hollowed out trees. She is known for her meticulous craftsmanship and the inventiveness with which she explores the limits of her materials. Her works are hand built, often originating from the basis of a simple sphere, but morphing into models of magnified particles, shrunken down celestial orbs or other fantastical shapes. For their surfaces she has developed a repertoire of glaze formulas ranging from subtle earthy textures to brilliant metallic shimmers.
Sunday studied economics at Fordham University and upon graduating went to work on Wall Street. After three years she had a chance opportunity to try out as a fashion stylist which she did during a two-week vacation. At the end of the holiday, she submitted her resignation from the banking industry. Soon after entering the fashion world she was hired as the head stylist by Bergdorf Goodman and later promoted to Art Director. There she collaborated with an array of renowned photographers, including Herb Ritts, Albert Watson, June Newton, Matthew Rolston, Scavullo and many others.
In the mid-90s, together with a group of fellow art directors, and initially as a social outing, she decided to take a ceramics class at Greenwich House in New York. This happy accident completely transformed her life. She was irrevocably smitten, fascinated and obsessed by clay and hand-building. She quickly developed a rigorous studio practice and never looked back. Today her work is exhibited and collected internationally, and she collaborates with top architects and designers to create sculptural installations and unique design objects. Sunday's early artistic influences include the photography of Karl Blossfeldt and the minimalist soundscapes of Phillip Glass. She is inspired by repetition, ritual, topologies, and the natural world. After decades of living and working in New York City she recently moved to Catskill, NY. less
- 9ʺW × 5ʺD × 11ʺH
- Pamela Sunday
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent new condition with natural variations Excellent new condition with natural variations less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.