Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The confessional, which in its modern form dates to the mid-16th century, is typically a removable piece of furniture that ... moreThe confessional, which in its modern form dates to the mid-16th century, is typically a removable piece of furniture that is used by priests to hear the confessions of penitents. The typically wooden structure is essentially divided in half: one side for the priest to sit, the other equipped with a step upon which the penitent kneels. Between the compartments is a partition with a latticed opening, an arrangement that allows the priest to be hidden while the penitent is visible. The confessional is used in the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation (also known simply as Penance, Reconciliation or Confession), which is one of the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church. Faithful, referred to as a penitent while giving confession, are believed to gain absolution for sins committed against God and/or neighbor, with those sins being reconciled with the community of the Church. By participating in Confession, Christians believe they are freed from sins they commit after Baptism, and is considered a means by which to become absolved from mortal sins that would otherwise condemn them to Hell. Circa 1860-1870 less
- 77.5ʺW × 36ʺD × 93.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Great Condition - Lightly used or minor cosmetic wear but has no structural issues. Great Condition - Lightly used or minor cosmetic wear but has no structural issues. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.