This beautifully carved Louis XV period Lyonnaise commode is truly a superb example of the ornamentation used on furniture in ...
moreThis beautifully carved Louis XV period Lyonnaise commode is truly a superb example of the ornamentation used on furniture in Lyon in the mid 1700s. The top conforms to the body below. The sinuous shape of the front drawers is restrained and elegant having concave and convex shapes. Repeated motifs of stylized shells are at the front sides of each drawer and the center, with patterned grounds beneath the open worked areas. The curved corners have very interesting motifs at the top. They are a combination of a margent (single flowers dropping down a vine), attached to C Scrolls and stylized gadrooned leaf S Scrolls. There is elegant gilded bronze hardware throughout, and there are two indented beveled panels on either side of this beautiful commode. All this rests upon two slightly curved block front feet and two block back feet.
Commodes in the 18th Century were prime pieces of furniture placed in the front sitting rooms and living rooms.
H=37 1/2, L=53 3/8, D=27 3/8
Please contact us for further shipping quotes if you are interested in buying this piece. less
- 53.4ʺW × 27.39ʺD × 37.5ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good antique condition commensurate with age and use, including old restorations, age separations, nicks, and minor losses, including evidence of ... moreGood antique condition commensurate with age and use, including old restorations, age separations, nicks, and minor losses, including evidence of old wood worm. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Metal Credenzas and Sideboards
- Louis XV Credenzas and Sideboards
- Wood Credenzas and Sideboards
- Brown Credenzas and Sideboards
- Gold Credenzas and Sideboards
- French Credenzas and Sideboards
- Shabby Chic Credenzas and Sideboards
- Traditional Credenzas and Sideboards
- Walnut Credenzas and Sideboards
- Bronze Credenzas and Sideboards
- Credenzas and Sideboards in Dallas
- Shell Credenzas and Sideboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.