Postulate 5 Wainting x paulaschubatis
MADE IN: Detroit, MI
'Waintings' are hand woven tapestries mounted to canvas stretchers ... morePostulate 5 Wainting x paulaschubatis
MADE IN: Detroit, MI
'Waintings' are hand woven tapestries mounted to canvas stretchers. The unique name was given by fiber artist and designer Paula Schubatis who is also trained as a painter. The abstract, painterly compositions are hand woven by the artist on a loom using a variety of natural, synthetic, new and re-purposed materials that elevate the wall tapestry for the 21st century.
The Postulate Series is comprised of 10 stretched tapestries.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER:
Paula Schubatis is a Detroit-based painter, textile artist and designer who explores the potential of unconventional, overlooked or wasted, materials in creating elevated design objects. Paula's practice is driven by her passion for the performative and ceremonial aspect of design and art making as well as the ritual of utilizing functional objects in everyday life. Her work takes on beautiful, painterly, ethereal forms but is often a good-natured poke at traditional notions of style/taste, form and function.
Paula's design work is featured in her eponymous paulaschubatis line which consists of wearable garments and lifestyle objects, the two of which often intersect - function in the paulaschubatis stratosphere takes on a serious, but actively evolving role as the wearer/user invent new ways to engage with an object based on its tactility and form. less
- 17ʺW × 1ʺD × 21ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent, new. Excellent, new. less
- Paula Schubatis
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
98101 does not qualify.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Abstract Textile Art
- Red Textile Art
- Yellow Textile Art
- Blue Textile Art
- Canvas Textile Art
- Contemporary Textile Art
- Fiber Textile Art
- Gold Textile Art
- Green Textile Art
- Orange Textile Art
- Pink Textile Art
- Plastic Textile Art
- Purple Textile Art
- Silver Textile Art
- Textile Art in Detroit
- Traditional Textile Art
- Turquoise Textile Art
- White Textile Art
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.