This listing is for a Boch Freres Vase. It came from the estate of "The Collection of Melva Bucksbaum." ...
moreThis listing is for a Boch Freres Vase. It came from the estate of "The Collection of Melva Bucksbaum."
Always on the lookout for innovative ideas, Boch Frères recruited Catteau from Nymphenburg in 1906 and the ceramic artist and his family moved to La Louvière. One year later, Catteau was promoted to head up the Atelier de Fantaisie (the Fantasy Studio), the decoration section that he managed until 1948. In parallel with his work at the factory, Catteau taught at the École Industrielle Supérieure, where he trained ceramic artists, glass blowers and decorative painters. In 1910, he was awarded his first gold medal for his work.
Catteau left La Louvière to go to France during the First World War, but later returned and in 1922 remarried, to Suzanne Rose Marie Delatre. Inspired by Art Nouveau and later Art Deco, he initiated a renewal in the shapes, decoration and glazes created at Boch Frères. Catteau and Boch Frères were both awarded prizes for the quality and forms of their industrial creations at the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts in 1925 and five years later, Catteau’s work was the big attraction at the Ceramics Pavilion at the International Exhibition of Liege. Catteau retired in 1946 and four years later moved to Nice, where he continued to paint until his death in 1966.
- 6.5ʺW × 6.5ʺD × 9ʺH
- Boch Freres Keramis
- Charles Catteau for Boch Freres
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- No issues, chips, cracks or repairs! No issues, chips, cracks or repairs! less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.