The Fred Oldfield Book with ORIGINAL Illustration & Inscription
The man and his art. An excellent book on the life ... moreThe Fred Oldfield Book with ORIGINAL Illustration & Inscription
The man and his art. An excellent book on the life and works of Fred Oldfield (1918-2017)
An inside page has a full page original pen and ink drawing of a cowboy on a bucking horse.
9" x 11 1/2" 192 pages. Very good condition.
Fred Oldfield was born in Alfalfa, Washington and raised on the Yakima Indian Reservation (Washington State). His family followed seasonal work in central Washington and as a child he traveled in a horse drawn wagon from job to job.
This nomadic life and its contacts with cowboys, Yakima Indians, and migrant workers supplied him with later subject matter.
Oldfield worked at a variety of jobs eventually finding himself in the army in the early 1940s. He was stationed in Alaska for much of the war. During this time he worked on developing his artistic talents. After the war he decided he was really interested in becoming an artist so with the help of the GI Bill he attended the Seattle's Burnley Art School.
Some of his early work involved painting murals in bars and restaurants. These early murals were in Oregon, Washington and Alaska. He has made several trips to Alaska during his painting career.
Oldfield painted mostly in oils and his subjects were generally cowboys, Yakima Indians and northwest mountains. His most popular mountain scenes are probably those done of Mount Rainier in Washington State. This artist has also painted a number of historic scenes. In 2003 he was involved in the painting of murals in Toppenish, Washington. He is a founding member of the Toppenish Mural Society. Oldfield and other artists have been adorning various walls in the town with murals.
Fred Oldfield spent most of his life in central and western Washington. less
- 9ʺW × 1ʺD × 11.5ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Minor handling consistent with age. Minor handling consistent with age. less
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Pen and Ink
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.