Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This fantastic provenanced day bed came from a retired major LA decorator via Gep Durenberger who lived and operated one ...
moreThis fantastic provenanced day bed came from a retired major LA decorator via Gep Durenberger who lived and operated one of Southern California's most acclaimed antique store "Durenburger which was in San Juan Capistrano (Michael Smith worked for Gep in the 90s )
Gep was privileged to decorate some of the over the 50 homes of the Honeymans which owned "Bethlehem Steel." Americas 2nd largest steel company .The company was responsible for building The Golden Gate bridge,Chrysler building ,Rockefeller Center the George Washington Bridge ,Waldorf Astoria , The Hoover Dam, The SF municipal railway THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING.
Nevertheless money was no object for the legendary American family. nor were connections and acquisitions of the finest antiques/art worldwide. One could only assume who was decorating those homes and what clout and flare they must have have. I would gladly donate to a cause to know what those homes looked like . There was a warehouse in San Juan Capistrano that the Honeymans had filled with art/antiques.
There is a major collection of early California and Western art that was donated by the Honeymans.
Upon doing some research Robert Honeyman was a 'avid: collector of antiques /art and has a "noted' collection of antiques now in a museum . However what was most intriguing was that there is a article online about how the English wanted to copy the US steel factories and set forth to do so via Bethleham steel , it may be by chance that this was part of a gift we will never know or it may be that that they bought it in England via Mallets or Sphinx
Note the "Royal Plumes' insignia of "Prince of Whales" Note the warping of the wood suggesting it is early to mid 19c. and thus being English Regency.
However note that there is a possibility that it may be made by the French company "Jansen as the Duke and Dutches of Windsor had several pieces in there collection. More likely Regency due to the weight which is often associated with "period furniture' thus Jansen works are circa 1940 mostly.
Also note where the linen meets the frame the wood suggests Regency period it could even bee Georgian
Nevertheless, we do know the provenance and by repute have been told that the Honeymans told our friend this . Sadly the Honeymans are deceased so all we have is this, it may be worth doing further research about the English and steel inquiry.
The bed has been recovered to English red leather and cloth ac cordially.
I have owned it since I was 27 and I and 51 note the last photo here I used it in my 'ad campaign age 28 circa 1995, we had Karen Linder do the floors and placed a Italian gold silk bedspread on it also had custom rails made of which I lost.
Also note it is quite possible that these were used as 'single headboards" which was more popular in those days.
Please note: Decaso will provide domestic shipping in the USA. However, we have good international shipping services where the items are professional crated then shipped via airlines. The item is cheapest when you pick it up at the airport or for an additional fee a Currier will drop it off at your home or any destination. Ask for details.
Our shipping price includes professionally crated from California to the East Coast. The crates are heat-treated wood which is stamped and mandatory for importation for international shipments worldwide transportation, or the crate can and maybe be rejected at customs for the wood not being stamped/treated. If you want it blanket wrapped the price to ship will be less. We can also personally deliver items locally within 500 miles and it will be less.
note: Shipping estimate may be less or more. We will refund the difference. We don't make money off the shipping.
- 41ʺW × 6ʺD × 48ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- few scuffs loss of gilding/jesso few scuffs loss of gilding/jesso less
- Bed Size
- Animal Skin Headboards
- Campaign Headboards
- Empire Headboards
- French Headboards
- Gold Headboards
- Gold Headboards
- Hollywood Regency Headboards
- Italian Headboards
- Leather Headboards
- Linen Headboards
- Linen Headboards
- Mediterranean Headboards
- Metal Headboards
- Red Headboards
- Regency Headboards
- San Diego Headboards
- Shabby Chic Headboards
- Silk Headboards
- Steel Headboards
- Textile Headboards
- Traditional Headboards
- White Headboards
- Wood Headboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.