PRESENTING an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING Late 17th French Provincial Oak Commode.
This Commode has IMPECCABLE PROVENANCE:
They were purchased by a ... morePRESENTING an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING Late 17th French Provincial Oak Commode.
This Commode has IMPECCABLE PROVENANCE:
They were purchased by a wealthy Dallas Family from a French Antique Auction held at the Club Room in the Stoneligh Court (Hotel), Dallas on Wednesday the 2nd April 1930. (Now The Meridian Hotel).
We have the Original Auction Catalog which has remained with the Commode since it was acquired at that Auction.
The Auction was titled: " Works of Art and Furnishings of The Chateau de Turique (Nancy) and The Conde-Rougemont Home (Touraine). The cover of the Catalog also has a seal of a Coat of Arms.
The first page of the Catalog States: "Exhibition on Wednesday, April 2nd And Following Days From 10 A.M. to 10 P.M, EXHIBITION at CLUB ROOM, STONELIGH COURT, DALLAS, TEXAS".
The Second page gives a brief description of the Auction contents and states that " This Exhibition will be presented by M. Fernand M. Adda of Paris France".
The Commode was Lot No: 195 or 196 and was described in the Auction Catalog as:
"Two Provincial Commodes, XVII CENTURY. On scrolling front legs fitted with two molded drawers. On the base a carved floral motif. From de Tourique Collection."
The catalog has a photograph of a Commode for Lots 195 & 196, but this Commode is ever so sligthly different from the one in the photograph, not having the escutcheons on the drawer fronts. Therefore, we are of the firm opinion and belief that the 2 Commodes in Lots 195 and 196 were not identical.
A copy of the Catalog will be supplied with the Commode.
GLORIOUS natural patina! less
- 33.5ʺW × 18ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- 17th Century
- French Provincial
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Overall in extremely good condition. Normal aging to the wood with beautiful natural patina. Some small cracks and crevasses in ... moreOverall in extremely good condition. Normal aging to the wood with beautiful natural patina. Some small cracks and crevasses in the wooden top, also some moisture rings, but in GORGEOUS ORIGINAL CONDITION. We would not change a thing! less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.