Native American Indian original painting by listed artist Donald "Putt" Putman.
Watercolor, Gouache, Pen & Ink on paper. Signed "Putt" ... moreNative American Indian original painting by listed artist Donald "Putt" Putman.
Watercolor, Gouache, Pen & Ink on paper. Signed "Putt" lower right.
The painting is in excellent condition. The frame is distressed.
Dimensions 14 inches x 20 inches.
Frame dimensions 25 inches x 31 inches.
Very good condition.
Donald "Putt" Putman (American, 1926-2007) Over the year's Putt's passion for portraying the people and the history of the American West earned him a reputation as an accomplished Western Painter. His Western works include Native American portraits and scenes, frontier life, colonial Spanish ladies and Vaqueros, dance halls, saloons, and bordellos. While he is best known as a Westen artist, his works cover a wide range of other subjects including portraiture, dance, circus life, nudes, and landscape.
In his later years Putt devoted his time fully to his painting, doing occasional shows and teaching art workshops at his home near Yosemite National Park. Putt was a member of the Yosemite Western Artists art organization based in Ahwahnee California. During the last years of his life Putt painted regularly at the historical Gertrude Schoolhouse with the YWA painting group.
His paintings are in the Rochester Museum of New York, the Whitney Museum in Wyoming, and in public and private collections world-wide. less
- 31ʺW × 1ʺD × 25ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The painting is in fine condition. The frame is distressed. While we do think the frame looks good with this ... moreThe painting is in fine condition. The frame is distressed. While we do think the frame looks good with this painting, a new frame would only benefit this fine piece of art. Be sure to use archival materials to protect this fine American West art treasure for the decades to come. less
- Native American
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.