ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS AND IMPORTANT late 18th Century Gothic Revival Linen or Vestment Press.
This piece hails from circa 1780…….early Gothic ... moreABSOLUTELY FABULOUS AND IMPORTANT late 18th Century Gothic Revival Linen or Vestment Press.
This piece hails from circa 1780…….early Gothic Revival……REGENCY GOTHIC REVIVAL ERA……certainly not Victorian !!!
Made of beautiful Cuban mahogany with dark rosewood inlaid in dome shapes on the central gothic doors and solid rosewood on the gothic side pillars to the base.
The top section is slightly smaller than the base and has two doors that have gorgeous flamed mahogany patina, bone escutheons and a brass divide. Both doors have a gothic panel simulating a church window which is inlaid with dark rosewood to contrast with the gorgeous red mahogany.
The doors open to reveal 3 shelves. Two of the shelves are removable for hanging vestments. The shelves have been covered by us with lovely green baize cloth for functionality.
The base consists of 4 large drawers.....all again in lovely flamed Cuban mahogany.
The piece sits on 4 large bun feet.
The pelmet is classically Regency period......very elegant !!
In our opinion this was a Church piece and would have been used for storing vestments and mass accessories. This also fits perfectly with the Gothic style.
Acquired in Ireland, so probably Irish ! less
- 50.5ʺW × 21.5ʺD × 87.5ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent original condition. Ware consistent with age. Excellent original condition. Ware consistent with age. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.