EXTREMELY RARE, FINE and QUALITY matching pair of Bradley & Hubbard 4 arm Chandeliers from circa 1885.
These Chandeliers were ... moreEXTREMELY RARE, FINE and QUALITY matching pair of Bradley & Hubbard 4 arm Chandeliers from circa 1885.
These Chandeliers were originally kerosene lamps and were converted in the early 20th Century to electricity.
These Chandeliers were originally designed and made by Tucker Manufacturing in Boston, Mass and they appear in the Tucker Catalogue of the time (An original copy of the Catalogue will be supplied with the Chandeliers).
Tucker Manufacturing was acquired by Bradley & Hubbard in the 1870's and the latter took most of Tucker's Designs and made them their own.
These Chandeliers have 2 design changes that were not available from the Tucker Made ones.
We have an original Catalogue of Victorian Designs by David Broughton *being sold with the pair).....this design is clearly shown as a Tucker Design on Plate 27 No. 195.
There are 2 identifying factors from the Tucker Plate that tell us it was made by B. & H., namely:
(1) They have a different top final and central column finial, and (2) Bradley & Hubbard offered a 'Gold Leafing" option.
We are certain, therefore, that these were made by Bradley & Hubbard and not Tucker.
Both chandeliers have most of the gold leafing still present. There have been some losses of gold leaf as one would expect from their age. Otherwise they are in SUPER condition.
There has been one minor repair on one of the chandeliers but it hardly noticeable and professionally done.
There are no Bradley & Hubbard labels on the Chandeliers.....but, this is not unusual, as very often when they were converted to electricity, the kerosene caps were probably replaced and the original caps (fonts) normally bore the Bradley & Hubbard marks.
We have NO DOUBT that these are original Bradley & Hubbard Chandeliers. less
- 29ʺW × 29ʺD × 28ʺL
- Late 19th Century
- Bradley Hubbard
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Gold Leaf
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Converted from kerosene to electricity. One small repair on one(not noticeable). Perfect Working order. Excellent condition. Converted from kerosene to electricity. One small repair on one(not noticeable). Perfect Working order. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.