EXTREMELY RARE, FINE and QUALITY Bradley & Hubbard 6 arm Chandeliers from circa 1885.
These Chandeliers were originally kerosene lamps ... moreEXTREMELY RARE, FINE and QUALITY Bradley & Hubbard 6 arm Chandeliers from circa 1885.
These Chandeliers were originally kerosene lamps and were converted in the early 20th Century to electricity.
This Chandelier is most definitely in the American Arts & Crafts style.
This Chandeliers was originally designed and made by either Tucker Manufacturing in Boston, Mass or Bradley & Hubbard. Similar designs appear in the Tucker Catalogue of the time and the B & H Catalogue from 1883 to 1884. (An original copy of the B & H Catalogue will be supplied with the Chandelier).
Tucker Manufacturing was acquired by Bradley & Hubbard in the 1870's and the latter took most of Tucker's Designs and made them their own.
The design of this chandelier is so distinctively B & H that we are as certain, as we can be, therefore, that these were made by Bradley & Hubbard.
Whilst we cannot find the exact design in the B & H Catalogue from 1883 to 1884 or the Broughton Illustrated Catalogue, the design is so distinctively B & H, as to think it was made by any other Company.
This Chandelier is in MINT condition.
There are no Bradley & Hubbard labels on the Chandelier.....but, this is not unusual, as very often when they were converted to electricity, the kerosene caps were probably replaced and the original caps (fonts) normally bore the Bradley & Hubbard marks.
With all factors, including Provenance, taken into account......We have NO DOUBT that this is an original Bradley & Hubbard Chandelier. less
- 38ʺW × 38ʺD × 34ʺL
- Late 19th Century
- Arts & Crafts
- Bradley Hubbard
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. Converted from kerosene to electricity. Near Mint. Converted from kerosene to electricity. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.