Marie Weger (Germany, 1882-1980)
Fine original still life oil painting titled "Symbole of Culture" by listed German artist Marie Weger ... moreMarie Weger (Germany, 1882-1980)
Fine original still life oil painting titled "Symbole of Culture" by listed German artist Marie Weger.
Canvas dimensions 24" x 30". The frame measures 31" x 37".
The painting is in very good condition. Lightly distressed frame.
Though undated, we believe this is circa 1950s. A fine mid century painting by a talented artist.
Born in Munich Germany on December 24th, 1882, Marie Weger became known primarily for still-life paintings, especially Florals, as well as landscapes and portraits, both in Oil and Pastel.
Two portraits, one of Eleanor Roosevelt and the other of Marion Anderson are in the F. D. R. Library at Hyde Park, New York. Another portrait, of Arturo Toscannini, is on display at Judson Hall in New York City.
She took her art training in Munich under the tutelage of her father, Max Weger, also a painter, and then was a student of Wilhelm von Dietz and Paul Nauen. She also trained in Paris. less
- 31ʺW × 1ʺD × 37ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good condition. Lightly distressed frame. Very good condition. Lightly distressed frame. less
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
- Still Life
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.