Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A magnificent rare chest from the limited production Merbau collection designed by the esteemed John Hutton (1947-2006) for Donghia, circa ...
moreA magnificent rare chest from the limited production Merbau collection designed by the esteemed John Hutton (1947-2006) for Donghia, circa 1995. Examples from this particular low production series are nearly impossible to find for sale. Mr. Hutton was the firm design director from 1978-1998 and was responsible for many of the now iconic Donghia designs produced during that period. While Hutton's talent was always recognized within design and architectural circles, this influential modern designer's work is finally becoming more commonly appreciated by the mainstream. Stout heavy mahogany construction veneered in Rush style rattan. Mahogany case accents finished in a rich espresso lacquer. Design, material selection and craftsmanship that is beyond incredible - built like a battleship. A breathtaking piece designed to highlight an important space. Excellent restored condition. The chest has been professionally cleaned; the rattan has aged to absolute perfection. All mahogany accents has been professionally re-lacquered and display a radiant luster. All veneer is intact and complete. Retains the maker mark; DONGHIA is burned into the case bottom.
- 48ʺW × 20ʺD × 35ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- John Hutton
- Excellent Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent restored condition. All mahogany accents has been professionally re-lacquered and display a radiant luster. All veneer is intact and ... moreExcellent restored condition. All mahogany accents has been professionally re-lacquered and display a radiant luster. All veneer is intact and complete. Retains the maker mark; DONGHIA is burned into the case bottom. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.