BEAUTIFUL 19th Century Anglo-Indian glove box from circa 1880.
The box is constructed of sandalwood but completely covered in the ... moreBEAUTIFUL 19th Century Anglo-Indian glove box from circa 1880.
The box is constructed of sandalwood but completely covered in the most gorgeous speckled faux blonde tortoiseshell and bone/faux ivory carved frieze panels and edging and banding.
Made in Vizagapatam, India……famous for its HIGH QUALITY furniture and boxes in the time of the Raj !
The dome shaped lid depicts a lion (symbol of the British Empire) as its central motif……with hand-painted foliage, etc.
They used lac ink for the decoration…..an indelible ink made from crushed beetles.
The box still has its original blue velvet lining and sits on 4 carved bone lions paw feet.
This box is in SUPER CONDITION......HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE !! less
- 10.5ʺW × 4.75ʺD × 3ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. Near Mint. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.