A rare and unusual set of tiles/plaques by Phillippe Lambercy, (1919-2006), a noted Swiss 1950's ceramic and pottery artist ...
moreA rare and unusual set of tiles/plaques by Phillippe Lambercy, (1919-2006), a noted Swiss 1950's ceramic and pottery artist. The plaques, all the same dimensions and top glazed are hand painted with scenes, all different. One a classical pair of women arranging their hair, another with a boy playing a recorder and a bull nearby and the third, a pheasant or similar bird. All drilled with a top center hole for hanging (original). All signed on the back.
Each tile or plaque measures 15 cm high x 20 cm wide x 1 cm thick or approx. 8 inches wide x 6 inches high x 1/2 inch thick.
About Philippe Lambercy:
After training at the Ecole Suisse de Céramique, he worked as a freelance ceramicist from 1939 to 1952 in the German part of Switzerland and befriended the artists, Mario Mascarin and Edouard Chapallaz. During this time, he also taught at the schools of arts and crafts in Bern and Zurich. He is considered to be the pioneer of the 20th century pottery design movement in Switzerland & Europe. He is known for his exploration of new forms and glaze techniques. From 1952 to 1979, he led the department of ceramics at the "Ecole des Arts Décortifs de Genéve". His works are in collections and museums all over the world.
- 8ʺW × 6ʺD × 0.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very Good Condition. Very minor edge wear to glazing in a couple of spots. Very Good Condition. Very minor edge wear to glazing in a couple of spots. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.