Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Antique Framed Oil Painting on Canvas by Pauwels is a classic pastoral by the well-known artist who always exhibits a ... moreAntique Framed Oil Painting on Canvas by Pauwels is a classic pastoral by the well-known artist who always exhibits a mastery of style, technique, composition and color. Set in its original frame. Henri Joseph Pauwels (1903-1983) was a prolific painter, with uncharacteristic monotones and stylizations typical of his later works in the post-impressionist style. It has been authenticated as produced by renowned Flemish painter from Belgium. He was born in Edegem, in the Antwerp province. He received his art education in private studios in Antwerp, and is mostly known for large canvases of romantic landscapes of country villages, still life, cityscapes of harbors and genre paintings. He lived and worked in Antwerp, Belgium. In his early work he followed the academic style, but later turned to Impressionism, and is noted for achieving considerable success in the transmission of light effects. His works were of great demand among his contemporaries not only in Belgium but also in France and in the Netherlands. This particular work is a intriguing perspective of rural life, with a horse-drawn cart providing a central focal point and sky coloration blending into that of the earth. Circa mid-1900s. Measures 35H x 46.5W. less
- 46.5ʺW × 2ʺD × 35ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good Good less
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.