This product is no longer available.
One of the rarest and most sought-after of the great mystery clocks, the Gübelin turtle mystery water clock is a ... moreOne of the rarest and most sought-after of the great mystery clocks, the Gübelin turtle mystery water clock is a true wonder of horology. This timepiece was created during the Art Deco era and features a charming turtle that, when the basin is filled with water, floats upon the surface. Beneath the basin resides the eight-day movement that operates a magnet. The turtle contains a small piece of metal that is attracted to the hidden magnet, guiding the diminutive aquatic reptile along the edge of the basin as if by magic. The time is indicated by the turtle's position in relation to the Roman numerals along the basin's edge. Completing this ingenious mystery clock's design is its exquisite cameo glass base, detailed in a deeply etched stylized Art Deco motif. Founded in 1854 in Lucerne, the Swiss firm of Gübelin opened as a small watch and clockmaking shop, later becoming world-renowned in the field of gemmology and jewelry design. Their timepieces are both luxurious and technologically advanced, remaining in a class of their own. Circa 1920 less
- 9ʺW × 9ʺD × 5ʺH
- Art Deco
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.