This product is no longer available.
This Napoléon III-period cave à liqueur is a stunning creation by the legendary Cristalleries de Baccarat. The exceptional liqueur set ... moreThis Napoléon III-period cave à liqueur is a stunning creation by the legendary Cristalleries de Baccarat. The exceptional liqueur set contains four decanters and a remarkable 22 cordial glasses, all crafted from exquisite Baccarat glass with hand-enameled gold ornamentation. The cave à liqueur, or liqueur caddy, reached the height of its popularity during the second half of the 19th century. Boasting elaborately decorated boxes and high-quality crystal, many of these liqueur sets typically included four decanters and eight glasses - the present example is far larger with 22 glasses. Its beautifully constructed chest displays the classic Empire style of the Napoleon III era, and also includes a locking mechanism and key as an added safeguard for one's expensive liqueurs. Retailed by Raimond of Paris, this extraordinary cave à liqueur is in a class of its own. Since the firm was established in 1764, Baccarat has been internationally recognized for its high-quality crystal creations. It was the first French glassworks firm to successfully compete with imported Bohemian glass, and by the mid-19th century, their tableware was the favorite of royalty around Europe. Prized for its clarity, detail and beauty of form, Baccarat crystal is truly some of the finest in the world. Interior with plaque 'FAB. DE CAVES À LIQUEURS Fs St MARTIN 59 PARIS / RAIMOND' . Circa 1870 less
- 18.25ʺW × 13.5ʺD × 11.75ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.