This product is no longer available.
This exceptionally rare watchmaker's presentation model of a rectangular lever movement is a fascinating artifact of the art of watchmaking ... moreThis exceptionally rare watchmaker's presentation model of a rectangular lever movement is a fascinating artifact of the art of watchmaking. The large-scale timekeeper was crafted by the celebrated Bulova Watch Co. as both a teaching instrument and a showpiece - this working model was almost certainly used to demonstrate the functions and parts of a wristwatch movement. Measuring over a foot tall, the monumental replica boasts a display front and back that allows the viewer to clearly see the complicated mechanisms that make a watch tell time. Considering the complex gears and levers in an actual watch are hundreds of times smaller than those in this model, the remarkable talent and skill of Bulova watchmakers becomes clear. Bulova Wach Co. is legendary as one of the most creative and innovate watchmaking firms in existence. The 143-year-old company is credited with such innovations as the standardization of watch parts and the first full line of watches for women. Established in New York City in 1875, Bulova grew as an important part of America's golden age of industry. Emphasizing original style as well as precision, the firm soon became one of the premier watchmaking companies in the world. In 1960, Bulova developed the first "electronic watch," and that same spirit of innovation continues to the present day - in 2016, they created the first curved movement, designed to fit more snugly around the wrist. The present model is a testament to the firm's superior artistry and craftsmanship. The stainless steel lever movement is crafted with 17 jewels, while the skeletonized dial tells the time with gilt hands and applied gilt Arabic numerals. The rectangular-shaped case is a Bulova classic, evoking the company's most iconic timepieces. Beautifully crafted, this showpiece comes complete with its original carrying case and represents an unusual and rare piece of watchmaking history. Dial and movement signed. Circa 1970 less
- 6ʺW × 3.25ʺD × 15.75ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.