PRESENTING a GORGEOUS and EXTREMELY RARE PAIR mid-19th Century, metal Tea Bins, by Henry Troemner of Philadelphia, PA in the ...
morePRESENTING a GORGEOUS and EXTREMELY RARE PAIR mid-19th Century, metal Tea Bins, by Henry Troemner of Philadelphia, PA in the Chinoiserie Style.
From circa 1845.
Made of black enameled metal, probably tin, each Tea Tin/Chest has a different Oriental Scene painted on the front in gold paint. Both featuring figures in garen settings with Pagoda’s in the background etc.
The bin is opened by way of a handled lid with bronze handle (original).
Both are LARGE examples of their type.
Both have different names written in cursive on the front but we cannot decipher the names. We think these are family names, but most of these rare chests had the type of tea written on the front.
EXTREMELY RARE PIECES!!!! HIGHLY QUALITY PIECES!!!
Henry Troemner (1809–1873) was a German-American entrepreneur. He started the Henry Troemner Company, known today as Troemner Inc. The company produced balances and scales.
Troemner immigrated to the United States in 1832 and settled initially in New York City, then, by 1843, Philadelphia. He began making scales and weights in a partnership in 1840, and then established his own company in 1844. He was commissioned by the United States Mint in Philadelphia to make their balances, which he did so well that he was invited to make the bullion balances for the Department of Treasury. He later made scales for the Mexican Mint, Assay Office in New York, and the San Francisco Mint.
According to Ernest Child, Troemner was probably was the first American manufacturer to follow the French mathematician Gilles Personne de Roberval's balance design. This is distinguished by the load being superimposed on the beam, rather than suspended from the beam, and allowed faster weighings.
After his death in 1873 his wife Catherine inherited the business, which was kept in the family until incorporating in 1955.
- 20.1ʺW × 20ʺD × 22ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Condition. Some chips to enamel and fading consistent with age. Excellent Condition. Some chips to enamel and fading consistent with age. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.