Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Sculptural coffee table by Jennie Lea Knight (1933-2007), circa 1960. The base is constructed of laminated southern yellow pine, and ...
moreSculptural coffee table by Jennie Lea Knight (1933-2007), circa 1960. The base is constructed of laminated southern yellow pine, and stands 16" tall. The glass top is 1/2" thick, and measures 69 5/8" x 42 1/4" x 63 1/4" x 19 1/4". Signed and dated on bottom of base.
Shown at the famous Franz Bader Gallery in Washington, D.C., during the "sculpture as tables" exhibit in 1990.
1933 Born March 31, 1933, Washington D.C.
1947-48 Attended King-Smith School of Creative Arts, Washington, D.C.
where she studied with Kenneth Noland
1953-57 Attended American University, Washington, D.C., where she studied with Robert Gates and William Calfee
1964-65 Cast bronze at the Penland School of Crafts, Spruce Pine, N.C.
1966 Cast bronze in Fonderia Battaglia, Milan, Italy
1969 Worked with Wendell Castle at Penland School of Crafts, Spruce Pine, N.C.
1956-68 Co-founder and co-director of The Studio Gallery, Alexandria, Virginia
1956-78 Instructor in painting, drawing and design at The Studio School, Alexandria, Virginia
1964 Joined Jefferson Place Gallery
1970 Instructor in painting at The Art League of Northern Virginia, Alexandria, Virginia
1972 Deputy Director and Chief of Installations for American Pavillion, Venice Biennale, Venice Italy
1973-81 Visiting lecturer, Corcoran School of Art, Washington, D.C.
1981 Visiting lecturer, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
Knight had numerous solo exhibitions over her 40+ year history as an artist, including shows at Princeton University, The Phillips Collection, Jefferson Place Gallery, as well as the Diane Brown Gallery.
Knight's works are in many important collections around the world, including The Phillips Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, The Walter Hopps Collection, The Smithsonian American Art Museum, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, and many others. less
- 69.63ʺW × 42.25ʺD × 16.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use.
Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.