An immense and heavy bronze by the noted artist Jeff Day. he is currently in China but we managed to ...
moreAn immense and heavy bronze by the noted artist Jeff Day. he is currently in China but we managed to converse with him. He identified the work and the approximate year it was cast and how heard it was to make. He thinks he signed it although we can't find his mark. it is quite impressive and has a beautiful gold flecked patina.
There is a fracture in the center small and hard to spot that occurred in the casting. This is a unique piece. There are some minor losses to the patina near the base and minor nicks and scratches. The base has been repaired in one corner. and shows its age with age appropriate wear.
One and Two Person Shows
2012 Circle Gallery, Shenzhen, China
2011 Families of the World Sculpture Exhibit, The European Chamber of Commerce, Nanjing, China
2010 East Meets West, Sensation Art Space, Chongqing, China
2010 Paintings and Sculpture, The Centre Gallery, Nanjing International School, Nanjing, China
2006 Sculpture Exhibit, Bayview Front Room, Whidbey Island, Washington
2005 Visions of a Turkish Landscape, Sade Kave, Rumeli Hisar, Istanbul, Turkey
2004 Visions of a Turkish Landscape, Michael Stadler Gallery, Langley, Washington
2003 Visions of a Turkish Landscape, University House Gallery, Issaquah, Washington
2003 Marion Meyer Gallery, Laguna Beach, California
2003 Visions of a Turkish Landscape, Enka Sanat Galerisi, Istanbul, Turkey
2001 Marion Meyer Gallery, Laguna Beach, California
2000 Recent Work, Woodside/Braseth Gallery, Seattle, Washington
1999 Works from Rialto, Desert Art Source, Palm Desert, California
1998 Pacific Forms and Other Worlds, Lawrence Gallery, Sheridan, Oregon
1997 Pacific Forms, Woodside/Braseth Gallery, Seattle, Washington
1996 Day Meets Eve, Gunnar Nordstrom Gallery, Kirkland, Washington
1992 Pacific Forms, with Guy Anderson, 1001 Fourth Avenue Plaza, Seattle, Washington
1990 Pacific Forms, 1001 Fourth Avenue Plaza, Seattle, Washington
1989 Sculpture, 1927-1989, Seattle Center, Matthew Kangas, Curator
1985 Black Arts Festival, Invitational, Seattle Center, Seattle, Washington
Peacemaker, Invitational, Evergreen State College, Olympia, Washington
1984 Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, Washington
1981 New Work, Gallery Whidbey, Langley, Washington
1979 Exploration of Form, Kirsten Gallery, Seattle, Washington
1976 Figurative Forms, University Fine Arts Gallery, Two-person show with Alfredo, Arreguin, Seattle, Washington
1974 Figures in Action, Ryder Gallery, Los Angeles, California
1973 Family of Man, French Consulate, Toluca, Mexico
1973 Capturing Universals, Polly Friedlander Gallery, Seattle, Washington
1972 Moving Forms, University Fine Arts Gallery, Seattle, Washington
2011 Dunn Gardens Outdoor Sculpture Show, Seattle, Washington
2010 Sensation Art Space Gallery, Chongqing, China, Group Show, Organic Forms
2009 Group Show, Woodside Braseth Gallery, Seattle, Washington
2008 Dunn Gardens Outdoor Sculpture Show, Seattle, Washington
2007 Outdoor Sculpture Gardens, Westcott Bay, San Juan IslandWashington
1993 Group Show, Riverhouse Galleries, Brisbane, Australia, Group Show, Gallery Mack, Seattle, Washington
1991 Sculpture Show, Burien Arts Gallery, Burien Washington, Vision, Myth and Magic III, Kirsten Gallery, Seattle, Washington
1989 Group Show, Gallery Mack, Seattle, Washington
1988 International Gardens of Art, Bellingham, Washington, Nagatani Gallery, Bellingham, Washington
1987 Invited to participate in Northwest Sculpture 1927-1987, Mathew Kangas, curator Seattle Center, Seattle, Washington
1987 Outdoor Sculpture, Gallery Mack, Seattle, Washington
1986 Woodside Braseth Gallery, Seattle, Washington
1983 King County Executive Invitational, Seattle, Washington
1978 Moody Gallery, Pasadena, California
1974 The Gallery, Palm Springs, California
Collections: Corporate, Institutional and Private
Paul Allen Collection
Curtis Beattie and Associates
Anne Gould Hauberg Collection
Milliman and Robertson, Incorporated
John Moga Collection
Mount Zion Baptist Church
Oppenheimer and Company, Incorporated
Plum Creek Timber Corporation
George Poccock Foundation
Pacific Car and Foundry Corporation
Pay N' Save Corporation
SAFECO Insurance Corporation
Seattle Public Schools
Security Pacific Bank of Washington
State of Washington, Capitol Building
University of Washington, Seattle
1989 Bob Marley Sculpture: Bob Marley Mausoleum, Kingston, Jamaica
1986 Martin Luther King Sculpture: (3/25), Mount Zion Baptist Church, Seattle, Washington
1986 Martin Luther King Sculpture: (2/25), Washington State Capitol Building, Olympia, Washington
1985 Martin Luther King Sculpture: (1/25), Schmitz Hall, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
1984 Jimi Hendrix Sculpture: (1/18), Garfield High School, Seattle, Washington
1983 Moses Sculpture: Broadway Performance Hall, Seattle Central Community, College, Seattle, Washington
1999 Jean McKig, Review of Palm Desert Show
1992 Seattle Times, Arts Review, Delores Tarzan
1982 Lost Wax Concert, Documentary for Television, Video West, San Francisco, California
Sculpture Honors Jimi Hendrix, Random Notes,
Rolling Stone Magazine (January 21, 1982)
1979 Up Close, Public Television Feature, KCPQ,
1978 King County Originals, Public Television Documentary,
King County Arts Commission, Seattle, Washington
1973 Seattle Times, Arts Review, Delores Tarzan
1972 Seattle Times, Arts Review, John Voorhees.
- 26ʺW × 16.5ʺD × 26ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. There is a fracture in the center small that occurred during ... moreWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. There is a fracture in the center small that occurred during the casting. There are some minor losses to the patina near the base and minor nicks and scratches. The base has been repaired in one corner. and shows its age with age appropriate wear.. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.