Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A large signed and very heavy Arthur Gibbons metal sculpture. It is quite lovely.
A biography of the artist follows ... moreA large signed and very heavy Arthur Gibbons metal sculpture. It is quite lovely.
A biography of the artist follows from his website:
Director: The Milton Avery Graduate School of the Arts at Bard college, www.bard.edu/mfa.
Professor of sculpture, Bard college.
B.A., Ohio Wesleyan University.
B.F.A., M.F.A., University of Pennsylvania.
Carlton Gallery, NYC, 1976.
Robert Freidus Gallery, NYC. 1977, 1979, 1980 and 1982.
Dayton Art Institute, Dayton, Ohio, 1978.
Grimaldis Gallery, Baltimore, 1986.
Lafayette College, Easton, PA, 1987.
André Emmerich Gallery, NYC, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990 and 1992.
Art Academy of Cincinnati, 2001.
Incident Report, Hudson, NY, 2007 and 2014.
New York Times.
Artist space, NYC.
Davis and Long Company, NYC.
Rosa Esman Gallery, NYC.
Guild Hall, East Hampton.
Storm King Art Center, Mountainville.
Neuberger Museum of Art, SUNY Purchase.
Center for Curatorial Studies, Bard College.
Diane Brown Gallery, Washington, DC.
LA Louver, Venice, CA.
Maine Coast Artists.
Johnson Atelier, NJ.
Janie C. Lee Gallery, Houston.
Oakland Museum of California.
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond.
Hara Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo.
Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
Chicago Navy Pier.
Storm King Art Center.
Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo.
Denver Art Museum.
Chase Manhattan Bank.
Prudential Insurance Company of America.
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
Case Western Reserve University.
Sunrise Museum, Charleston, WV.
Utsukushi-Ga-Hara Museum, Japan.
Des Moines Art Center.
Palm Springs Museum.
Castallani Art Musuem, Niagara University.
Reynolds Metals Company Commission.
Edward Albee Foundation Fellowship.
Exhibition Grant, Artist’s Space.
Hakone Museum Prize. less
- 35ʺW × 24ʺD × 41ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses scratches nicks and marks.
Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses scratches nicks and marks.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.