Our gallery has recently taken on an emerging new talent, Ivan Palmer. He has worked with some of the art ...
moreOur gallery has recently taken on an emerging new talent, Ivan Palmer. He has worked with some of the art world's great luminaries as you will read in his artist statement below. These are his first works to be exhibited and I think you will understand why we are excited as they are wonderful works. This is a Artist's Proof and is titled "Ashamed of Myself". It is signed Ivan Palmer AP 2010.
The artist statement below was written by Ivan;
My name is Ivan Palmer. I am a sculptor living and working in Newburgh N.Y. Born in southern Mexico, I spent most of my formative years in Israel. As the only child of an artist and art teacher, my art has always been a focal point in my life. I Graduated from Purchase College School of Art + Design, receiving a BFA in sculpture/ 3-D media in 2003. I have worked as a studio assistant and an art fabricator / finisher and completed work for some of the most recognizable names in contemporary art today, such as; Jasper Johns, Jeff Koons, Paul McCarthy, Tom Otterness, Richard Prince, Michele Oka Doner, Julian Schnabel, Joel Shapiro, George Condo, Ashley Bickerton, Do-Ho Suh as well as many other artists and public monuments. I have inspired and influenced by the many artists I have worked for. I try and create new techniques in craft while striving for with the highest level of quality. I use my life experiences and technical training to further my own Art. My work is primarily built from the depths of regret, prejudicial impressions, misunderstanding and acceptance of our own societal value. I balance my skill of craft and the conceptual fiber of my work. I create dialog between the sculpture and the viewer, questioning the viewer’s prejudices and the primal human need of expression. . My objective is to evoke thought if not emotionally move the viewer while questioning intent as well as assertions of first impressions. It creates a dialog of weather it is asking or giving, religious or heathenish, while also juxtaposing its vulnerability and it’s Insusceptibility. less
- 11ʺW × 9ʺD × 11.25ʺH
- Early 21st Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Good. minor pitting to steel base, which occurred during the patina process.. Minor losses.
Good. minor pitting to steel base, which occurred during the patina process.. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.