A uniquely designed lounge chair by the well-known Welsh Designer David Colwell. While this chair is no longer in production ...
moreA uniquely designed lounge chair by the well-known Welsh Designer David Colwell. While this chair is no longer in production pictures of it are still available are his website. It was a custom order item. It became quite an iconic design when it was purchased by the Victoria and Albert Museum when it was first designed. It was made in rattan as this one or with a cloth cover. This chair is quite sturdy and surprisingly comfortable. The ottoman measures 17.5 W, 17 D and 13 T. A brief description from the designer's website;
The first of the Trannon range of steam bent ash chairs. Designed in 1978, modified in '81 and looking as fresh today as it did then, C1 was an instant hit.
It was purchased early on by the V & A, who recognized the significance of its design, and followed by numerous other collectors.
For all its critical acclaim this is, like all Trannon pieces, essentially a practical chair.
It has three seating positions, from conversational to snooze mode and folds flat. The rattan battens provide supple support making it exquisitely comfortable.
It is available in rattan or upholstered versions, with or without foot stool. Upholstery is removable and reversible.
Arms are shock absorbing webbing stiffened with rattan.
Retention cord is adjusted with a turned boxwood toggle. less
- 21.63ʺW × 34ʺD × 33.5ʺH
- David Colwell
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. Age appropriate wear with some minor nicks and surface scratches. Some ... moreWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. Age appropriate wear with some minor nicks and surface scratches. Some white marks and imperfections to the blackened wood. less
- Seat Height
- 13.5 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 13.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.