This product is no longer available.
A rare plaster bust by the noted artist Rima. She worked for many important jewelry houses and was commissioned to ...
moreA rare plaster bust by the noted artist Rima. She worked for many important jewelry houses and was commissioned to do many important plaster sculptures of the rich and famous. The piece is numbered and signed. It has a few repairs to the base. The piece is hand made and a beautifully finished one of a kind work of art.
A brief biography from the gallery that bears her name follows;
Rima made unusual abstract jewelry and fine art sculpture for several decades. She studied with the Art Students League, the Pratt Institute, the Museum of Modern Art School, the Sculpture Center, the Educational Alliance and Preferred Casting of New York. Her work was widely shown in gallery exhibitions across the United States and Canada, including a traveling show to Japan, organized by the Walker Art Center. Her work received publicity in Vogue, New York Magazine, The New Yorker, the New York Times, Interiors Magazine and on TV. Her work was also featured in books about contemporary jewelry.
Rima taught design for wax castings at Jewelry Workshop and Gallery of New York and at the Abbey School of Jewelry Design in New York. She gave workshops in the “foil” method of stained glass making at Tiffany’s in New York, and she instructed modeling in clay and wax, in mold making and plaster casting in numerous settings. Other teaching posts included Parson’s School of Design in New York and the Jewelry Institute of Providence,
Rima designed and made jewelry models for manufacturers, stores and industry, and was commissioned by Metropolitan Museum, Cartier, Katram, Jad Jewelry and others. Rima’s special sculpture commissions included relief portrait medallions of President John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King, Jr., and a “Mother of the Year Award“ Sculpture. A commemorative plaque Rima made for the Anti-Defamation league was presented to Eleanor Roosevelt and to President Truman.
Rima passed on in June of 2001. She is missed. We are delighted to have called her our friend and continue to show her work in the gallery that is her namesake. less
- 6ʺW × 5ʺD × 19.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. good with some repairs to the base and some touched up ... moreWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. good with some repairs to the base and some touched up areas with paint.. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
The DECASO Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on DECASO in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.