Extremely fine antique 19th Century Islamic Floor candlestick in brass with Kufic Mamluk revival pierced foliate openworks chased and chiselled ...
moreExtremely fine antique 19th Century Islamic Floor candlestick in brass with Kufic Mamluk revival pierced foliate openworks chased and chiselled with Persian calligraphy.
Antique 19th century Middle Eastern Arabic candleholder.
46.5 inches Height x 14 inches bottom and diameter opening is 8 in.
Handcrafted in Syria for the Persian market.
Rising from wide trumpet foot through to slightly tapering cylindrical shaft with two pronounced collars to gently flaring mouth and flat rim, the shaft with pierced openwork lattice containing scrolling vine issuing from cusped palmettes, bordered above and below by bands of engraved scrolling floral vine, the upper section of the foot and the body below the mouth with further pierced openwork sections in rectangular cusped cartouches with similar design set in a ground of engraved scrolling floral vine, interlocking palmettes and stylized cloud bands, band of verses.
There is a top lid that is removable and could be used for candle or incense.
This large floor candle holder could be rewired into a floor lamp.
Same lamp could be found in Shangri LA, Doris Duke home in Hawai.
Great brass decorative Islamic art object. less
- 14ʺW × 14ʺD × 46.5ʺL
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use.
Excellent. Wear consistent with age and use.
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.