A large Pichhavai painting depicting Krishna, represented in multiple places with female Gopis dancing and offering, great colors, the composition ...
moreA large Pichhavai painting depicting Krishna, represented in multiple places with female Gopis dancing and offering, great colors, the composition is enclosed in a lush green forest and the colors of the dresses in yellow and oranges play off against the vegetative forms, adding a lively pattern to the whole floral composition, with a colorful Gopis and worshipers.
Great composition, this amazing silk painting piece comes ready to hang, it is attached to a wooden back frame, see picture of the back.
Gouache on cloth. Rajasthan Jaipur, Indian, Himalayan and Southeast Asian Decorative Art.
A Picchawai is a large-scale temple hanging made for temporary use in a Pushti Marg shrine.
The Pushti Marg (Path of Grace) is a Hindu sect that focuses on the worship of Krishna.
This is an exceptional example on a number of fronts, including the quality of line and the exceptionally large size.
Because of the delicate silk textile, there is some issue please see last pictures where the silk is damaged, could be repaired but we did not want to retouch it.
Not visible from far, there are just a few inches cuts see last 4 pictures. less
- 72ʺW × 2ʺD × 92ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Needs Restoration
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. some light cut on silk see last 4 pictures. Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
Good. some light cut on silk see last 4 pictures. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.