Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
PRESENTING an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Early 19th Century English Chiffonier or Breakfast Buffet, most likely, from the renowned maker of Gillows ...
morePRESENTING an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Early 19th Century English Chiffonier or Breakfast Buffet, most likely, from the renowned maker of Gillows of Lancaster.
This stunning piece is elegant simplicity at it's best with the most gorgeous natural age and patina to its surface and stunning details.
We estimate this to be from circa 1800 - 10.
It is made of the most beautiful Cuban flame mahogany with stunning natural patina. The top gallery has a gorgeous brass galleried edging. The top shelf is connected and sits on 4 beautifully cast brass tulip pattern support columns. The back of the central shelf is mirrored. The front is likewise, stuuning in its detail and quality. The base is comprised of 4 matching presses or cupboards (each with 3 shelves) with creme silk lining, behind a brass fretwork exterior. The front has 4 regency pillars each topped with a brass plinth which is replicated at the base. Each column has a carved floral design on top of each column.
We are of the expert OPINION that this is a piece by the top-maker, Gillows of Lancaster. Everything about this piece SCREAMS....'Gillows". It is not marked or signed but is EXACTLY like a number of pieces that have been unequivocally attributed to Gillows......Right down to the curved brass fretwork on the front of the press doors.
This is a REALLY, REALLY QUALITY PIECE!
Gillows of Lancaster and London, also known as Gillow & Co., was an English furniture making firm based in Lancaster, Lancashire, and in London. It was founded around in Lancaster in about 1730 by Robert Gillow (1704–1772). less
- 84.25ʺW × 19.5ʺD × 47.75ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Gillows of Lancaster
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. The mirror and silk lining are later replacements. Near Mint. The mirror and silk lining are later replacements. less
More From This DealerView All
- Auburn Chiffoniers
- Brass Chiffoniers
- Brass Chiffoniers
- Brown Chiffoniers
- Georgian Chiffoniers
- Gillows of Lancaster Chiffoniers
- Glass Chiffoniers
- Gold Chiffoniers
- Hollywood Regency Chiffoniers
- Mahogany Chiffoniers
- Metal Chiffoniers
- Mirror Chiffoniers
- Regency Chiffoniers
- Silk Chiffoniers
- Textile Chiffoniers
- Traditional Chiffoniers
- Wood Chiffoniers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.