Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A 17th century carved oak box with side drawer dated 1655. Intricate carvings on all sides, including geometric figures and ... moreA 17th century carved oak box with side drawer dated 1655. Intricate carvings on all sides, including geometric figures and hearts. These figures are typical of 17th century carved English furniture. Dated and signed under the lid: WILLIAM FYLLARY 1655. A secondary piece of paper is to be found underneath this from a later owner. This reiterates “WILLIAM FYLLARY 1655” along with indecipherable text and a date that reads 1801. Rare all original hardware on this box including 2 pairs of copper – bronze hinges allowing the top to fold over onto itself. Original brass escutcheon. Working lock and key. Due to a spring mechanism pushing down from the top through the side into the side drawer lock, the drawer is only accessible when the top is opened. Presumably this box contained writing utensils due to the side compartments which was most likely used for ink wells. See the corresponding round indentations underneath the top. height: 4 in. 10 cm., width: 10.5 in. 26.5 cm., depth: 6.5 in. 15.25 cm. less
- 10.5ʺW × 6.5ʺD × 4ʺH
- 17th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age; rare original hardware, very good condition Wear consistent with age; rare original hardware, very good condition less
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.