For your consideration is a magnificent, framed, abstract lithograph, signed Natkin and numbered 57/150, dated 1972. In excellent condition ...
moreFor your consideration is a magnificent, framed, abstract lithograph, signed Natkin and numbered 57/150, dated 1972. In excellent condition. The dimensions of the frame are 38.5" W x 31" H and the dimensions of the image are 30" W x 22" H.
Robert Natkin was born in 1930 in Chicago, Robert Natkin grew up in an extended Russian-Jewish immigrant family. In 1948 he began studies at the Art School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He was strongly influenced by the Post-Impressionists and Abstract Expressionism, the latter through an article in Life magazine. In 1952 he lived, briefly, in New York where he came under the influence of Willem de Kooning.
Natkin frequently used cloths and netting as stencils to achieve textures described the critic John Russell of the New York Times in 1978 as having a "worked-over look that suggests that the painting has been traversed over and over by a very small truck that has just had its tires retreaded" His paintings are in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art and the Hirschhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. less
- 38.5ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 31ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Robert Natkin
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.