Low and behold! This here's the real thing! Yessiree, a stunning pair of vintage American A. Brandt Ranch Oak original ...
moreLow and behold! This here's the real thing! Yessiree, a stunning pair of vintage American A. Brandt Ranch Oak original arm chairs. Decorated with saddles, this pair of chairs immediately make you think of a much simpler time, a slower pace of life. No computers, cell phones or smog. Those were the days when men were men, boys were boys and most all folks got along and watched out, not only for their own but, for other folks, too.
In the late 1930's a legendary Fort Worth, Texas furniture company was born, A. Brandt and Sons. Known worldwide for their strong and sturdy cowboy style furnishings, their Ranch Oak line is highly collectible and reguarded as fun and funky well constructed vintage American furniture.
Dust; cactus; broncos; branding. A long, lonely trail; cowboy ditties sung to the soft sound of a guitar around a campfire. Thirst; Indians, both hostile and friendly; pine trees set against lofty mountains. This was the world of the brave men and women who brought civilization to the West, making their own trails, building history, building homes in a hostile environment, creating rustic ranch furniture from whatever materials were at hand.
Around the turn of the century, Buffalo Bill Cody's 'Wild West Show' captured the imagination of the civilized world with its portrayal of the excitements and hardships of ranch life in the West. This lifestyle has continued to hold a place in the hearts of those who long for adventure, for solitude, for the beauty of an unspoiled environment, and for the chance to live life to the full using initiative and courage.
Ranch Pole and Plank Furniture
The great American heritage of the Wild West was continued in the 'dude ranches' that became popular in the early part of the 20th century. Entrepreneurs of this period such as Carl Dunrud created pole and plank furniture in the style of the pioneers for these ranches, and unwittingly began a great tradition in American furniture. Popular ranch resorts such as Kings Ranch used the styles of the furniture ranch hands built by hand in the Wild West era.
Ranch Furniture Origins
In 1931, American furniture designer Thomas Molesworthy created a popular range of upmarket Ranch Style furniture, borrowing ideas from the Craftsman style, as well as the Eastern Lodge style. Emphasizing quality of materials and workmanship, Molesworthy created a functional and attractive style of his own which was soon copied by other manufacturers.
Brandt Ranch Oak Furniture
Molesworthy's originals were handcrafted and expensive. Popular demand for this type of American furniture at a more affordable price gave rise to the Brandt Ranch Oak furniture range. A. Brandt of Fort Worth began producing well-made, solid, comfortable ranch-style furniture in the late 1930's. Made from white oak, finished with white wax, and often bearing western motifs such as wagon wheels or bucking broncos, Brandt Ranch Oak furniture was built to last a lifetime. This Texas ranch furniture was an instant success. The spacious Ranch Style homes then becoming popular were the ideal setting for A. Brandt Ranch Oak furniture: Bunk beds, spacious oak dressers, wide, low-set, padded arm chairs, and gleaming solid oak dining tables. The Brandt Oak factory closed in 1988, and examples of its Texas ranch style furniture have become sought-after collector's items.
Ranch style decor is all about space, natural materials, and plenty of solid, good quality American wood, such as oak, pine or hickory. Light, honey-colored finishes predominate. Ranch style furniture is functional, comfortable and hardwearing, as well as being attractive, especially when offset by stonework fireplaces, warm colored soft furnishings, and Western accessories. 1940's ranch oak furniture is not only an attractive way to furnish your home; it is also an investment, since it is durable and likely to continue increasing in value and collectibility.
In awesome original condition, we are proud to offer these sturdy, as well as comfortable "Ranch Oak" armchairs. A perfect addition to any room of the home, this pair offer clean lines along with rustic charm. Utilized in a bedroom, home office, or in the living room, these may wind up being your most favorite chair in the house. less
- 26.25ʺW × 22.75ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- A. Brandt Ranch Oak Furniture
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use.
Good. Some discoloration at the feet. Please note slit in vinyl in image 7-- ... moreWear consistent with age and use.
Good. Some discoloration at the feet. Please note slit in vinyl in image 7-- it is on both sides of the chair-- the other chair does not have it.. less
- Seat Height
- 18.25 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.