PRESENTING a GLORIOUS piece of Japanese carving and treen from circa 1890.
This is a lidded wooden box, on a ... morePRESENTING a GLORIOUS piece of Japanese carving and treen from circa 1890.
This is a lidded wooden box, on a stand, made of what appears to be camphor wood. A hardwood native to Japan.
The carving is EXQUISITE on this piece………the box is carved on the lid and sides and the lid is carved with a frog on a waterlily.
The carving is 3 Dimensional, as the frog and stem of the lily are raised and contoured with the rest of the piece.
The Chinese are famous for their carving…..but in our humble opinion…….NOBODY was better at carving than the Japanese !
The attention to detail, quality and finesse is second to none !
The piece is in 3 parts: (1) The Lid, (2) The Box and (3) the Base.
This piece is part of the Lida Calvert Hall Obenchain/McMillan Collection.
The Figurine was located in the 19th Century Dutch Colonial Home of Lida Calvert Hall-Obenchain located at Armstrong Parkway in Highland Park, Dallas.
Lida Calvert Hall along with her daughter in law Scotta McMillan (daughter of Judge McMillan, a very prominent Waxahachie Family) collected a large number of high quality antiques and in particular French Antiques, by buying from local High-End Antique Dealers and also High-End Local Auctions in the early 20th Century. less
- 5.6ʺW × 4.5ʺD × 3ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Overall in SUPER condition. There are two very minor repairs to the rim of the lid, professionally repaired and hardly ... moreOverall in SUPER condition. There are two very minor repairs to the rim of the lid, professionally repaired and hardly noticeable. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.