This product is no longer available.
EXTREMELY RARE, FINE and QUALITY matching pair of Bradley & Hubbard 4 arm Chandeliers from circa 1885.
These Chandeliers were ... moreEXTREMELY RARE, FINE and QUALITY matching pair of Bradley & Hubbard 4 arm Chandeliers from circa 1885.
These Chandeliers were originally kerosene lamps and were converted in the early 20th Century to electricity.
Both Chandeliers are most definitely in the American Arts & Crafts style.
These Chandeliers were originally designed and made by Tucker Manufacturing in Boston, Mass and they appear in the Tucker Catalogue of the time (An original copy of the Catalogue will be supplied with the Chandeliers).
Tucker Manufacturing was acquired by Bradley & Hubbard in the 1870's and the latter took most of Tucker's Designs and made them their own.
These Chandeliers have 2 design changes that were not available from the Tucker Made ones.
We have an original Catalogue of Victorian Designs by David Broughton *being sold with the pair).....this design is clearly shown as a Tucker Design on Plate 27 No. 195.
There are 2 identifying factors from the Tucker Plate that tell us it was made by B. & H., namely:
(1) They have a different top final and central column finial, and (2) Bradley & Hubbard offered a 'Gold Leafing" option.
We are certain, therefore, that these were made by Bradley & Hubbard and not Tucker.
Both chandeliers have most of the gold leafing still present. There have been some losses of gold leaf as one would expect from their age. Otherwise they are in SUPER condition.
There has been one minor repair on one of the chandeliers but it hardly noticeable and professionally done.
There are no Bradley & Hubbard labels on the Chandeliers.....but, this is not unusual, as very often when they were converted to electricity, the kerosene caps were probably replaced and the original caps (fonts) normally bore the Bradley & Hubbard marks.
We have NO DOUBT that these are original Bradley & Hubbard Chandeliers.
This particular model is EXTREMELY RARE and HIGHLY DESIRABLE !
TO FIND A MATCHING PAIR IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE !!
The 4 Arm Chandelier is extremely RARE.
The Hurricanes and shades are later replacements.
The glass shades are French but very sympathetic to the originals. They are made of frosted etched glass and curved and lipped edges with a rose colored tint. less
- 29ʺW × 29ʺD × 28ʺL
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Condition overall. One minor repair on one of them but not noticeable. Perfect working order. Converted from kerosene use ... moreExcellent Condition overall. One minor repair on one of them but not noticeable. Perfect working order. Converted from kerosene use to electric. less
- Bradley Hubbard
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.