PRESENTING a VERY UNUSUAL and RARE Chinese Pottery Set.
Early 20th Century….circa 1920.
These pieces are in the style of ... morePRESENTING a VERY UNUSUAL and RARE Chinese Pottery Set.
Early 20th Century….circa 1920.
These pieces are in the style of ‘Famile Rose’ from Canton, with gilded foo dogs and raised and painted enameling…..BUT…..they are unlike ANYTHING I have ever seen from China.
The Floor Vase and the Lidded Urns each have hand-painted and enameled Fox Hunting Scenes…..with Fox Hunstmen, their horses and hounds……….galloping through a pastoral scene.
In my opinion, these were made in China….probably Canton………..for export. They were probably decorated in China specifically for the European and/or American Markets where fox hunting was and is popular.
The Fox Huntsmen do not appear to me to be in traditional British Hunting attire………especially the hats. This leads me to believe that they were made for the American Market. Also, the hounds are not basset hounds (used in the UK)….they are spotted hounds more like pointers or dalmations.
IF YOU LOVE YOUR HUNTING MEMORABILLIA ....THEN THESE ARE A 'MUST HAVE'!
IF YOU LOVE CHINESE POTTERY ..... THESE ARE A 'MUST HAVE'!
The Vase is 24.5" Tall and 11" wide at the mid point.
Each Ginger Jar is 10" Tall and 9" Wide .
- 11ʺW × 11ʺD × 24.5ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Mint Mint less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.