WE HAVE PLEASURE TO PRESENT TO YOU SOMETHING VERY RARE INDEED!
This is a Birthday Book formerly owned by Ruth ... moreWE HAVE PLEASURE TO PRESENT TO YOU SOMETHING VERY RARE INDEED!
This is a Birthday Book formerly owned by Ruth C. Bartlett, Formerly of 4116 Swiss Ave, Dallas, TX.
Swiss Avenue in Dallas is one of the oldest streets in Dallas. In the early to mid 20th Century it was the ‘prime location’ in Dallas….it is still famous for its Victorian Mansions.
The Birthday Book 'in of itself' is not the really valuable item....it is what in inscribed therein that is TRULY HISTORIC!
The inside of the front cover of the Book has a number of 'cuttings' of poems and phrases of personal interest to the owner. The Owner has signed the Book as "Ruth C. Bartlett with an address at 4116 Swiss Ave., Dallas, TX and dated 1928.
Inside the Book, 'Ruth' has recorded the birthdays of a number of her nearest and dearest relatives.
It is when you open the inside of the rear cover that you see 2 very interesting inscriptions and signed quotes.
The First Inscription or hand-written quote reads:
"You'll have to cultivate mutual understanding
with anybody you think you will have to get along with.
Gen. Eisenhower 6/20/45"
The Second Inscription or hand-written quotation in the SAME HAND as the first quote reads:
"As you ramble on through life Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep you eye upon the doughnut,
and not upon the hole."
From our research we have been unable to find these quotes attributed to General Eisenhower....THEREFORE......these are the ONLY recorded details of those quotes by him .
These quotes were recorded by Ruth when 'Ike' visited Kansas City on 06/20/1945 on his way home to Abilene, Kansas. Ruth obviously knew 'Ike' well as she is mentioned in an extract from a book by one of Ike's Aides as being in Kansas City Airport to greet Ike on his arrival.
This makes these VERY SPECIAL and TRULY HISTORIC! less
- 17ʺW × 2.5ʺD × 21ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The Birthday Book has genuine age conditions on the exterior covers and binding, but the interior which bears the important ... moreThe Birthday Book has genuine age conditions on the exterior covers and binding, but the interior which bears the important matters is near MINT. Being sold in a Display Case (see photos) under glass. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.