HIGHLY DESIRABLE AND IMPORTANT ITEM !!
EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY !!
Fantastic piece......impeccable condition........Regency rosewood Bureau/Secretaire Desk or Cabinet of lovely proportions. ... moreHIGHLY DESIRABLE AND IMPORTANT ITEM !!
EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY !!
Fantastic piece......impeccable condition........Regency rosewood Bureau/Secretaire Desk or Cabinet of lovely proportions.
From circa 1790.
The top portion consists of an open columned pelmet and shelf with a series of drawers underneath. All made of rosewood.
The bottom section is a double door cabinet with double shelving inside. The façade of the doors consist of glorious gilted latticework frames with rose shaped connectors and with brown silk blinds to the rear of the latticework.
The Middle section opens using concealed buttons into a Secretaire writing slope with satinwood drawers and original ivorine pulls.
Gorgeous rosewood patina all over.
Beautiful support columns on both sides.....with HIGH QUALITY gilt mounts......typical of the regency period.
The sides of the secretaire drawer have molded acanthus leaf motifs.
18C Regency British Rosewood Bureau Secretaire.
This is a British piece.........by a really TOP QUALITY MAKER ...... most likely Gillows of Lancaster & London!
Nicest one of its kind we have ever seen !! less
- 42.5ʺW × 16ʺD × 51ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint Near Mint less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.