Beautiful example of a an Early Victorian/Transitional mahogany 19th Century Fold-over card table.
Made of mahogany......beautiful rich natural ... moreBeautiful example of a an Early Victorian/Transitional mahogany 19th Century Fold-over card table.
Made of mahogany......beautiful rich natural patina......from circa 1840.......barley twist central support columns.... Lions Paw feet (more reminiscent of Regency and William IV Styles) on tripod base with original brass castors.......beautiful scroll work to the front with acanthus leaf as the central motif.
The table opens to reveal a green baize card table and hidden drawer for cards, counters etc.
Card Tables were very important to people in the 18th and 19th Centuries.......they had no TV or Internet and their main sources of entertainment were playing cards, music, dancing and story-telling.
Most card tables were made to be simple but functional. They did not 'skimp' on the quality of wood, however. Hence some beautiful mahogany and rosewood examples.
What makes this one stand out is not only the quality of the mahogany used....probably the finest Cuban mahogany.....but the detail to the base......it oozes QUALITY !!
Probably British but found in Ireland.
The central leaf motif is reminiscent of the use by top Irish makers of the use of scallop shells as a central motif.
- 31ʺW × 15.75ʺD × 29.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good original condition...some cracks and blemishes to the top of the table consistent with age and use but only ... moreGood original condition...some cracks and blemishes to the top of the table consistent with age and use but only adds to the patina and history of the piece. Minor crack on one of the barley twist columns. less
- Place of Origin
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.