Beautiful example of a an Early Victorian/Transitional mahogany 19th Century Fold-over card table.
Made of mahogany......beautiful rich natural patina......from circa ... moreBeautiful example of a an Early Victorian/Transitional mahogany 19th Century Fold-over card table.
Made of mahogany......beautiful rich natural patina......from circa 1840.......barley twist central support columns.... Lions Paw feet (more reminiscent of Regency and William IV Styles) on tripod base with original brass castors.......beautiful scroll work to the front with acanthus leaf as the central motif.
The table opens to reveal a green baize card table and hidden drawer for cards, counters etc.
Card Tables were very important to people in the 18th and 19th Centuries.......they had no TV or Internet and their main sources of entertainment were playing cards, music, dancing and story-telling.
Most card tables were made to be simple but functional. They did not 'skimp' on the quality of wood, however. Hence some beautiful mahogany and rosewood examples.
What makes this one stand out is not only the quality of the mahogany used....probably the finest Cuban mahogany.....but the detail to the base......it oozes QUALITY !!
Probably British but found in Ireland.
The central leaf motif is reminiscent of the use by top Irish makers of the use of scallop shells as a central motif.
- 31ʺW × 15.75ʺD × 29.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good original condition...some cracks and blemishes to the top of the table consistent with age and use but only adds ... moreGood original condition...some cracks and blemishes to the top of the table consistent with age and use but only adds to the patina and history of the piece. Minor crack on one of the barley twist columns. less
- Place of Origin
- Table Shape
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.