Oil on canvas (circa 1967) by Peppino Mangravite depicting a nude woman seen through windows styling her hair with flowers ...
moreOil on canvas (circa 1967) by Peppino Mangravite depicting a nude woman seen through windows styling her hair with flowers blooming outside. A later work of Mangravite, whose 1960s-1970s works are defined by a use of blues, greens, and purples.
Marked 'Unfinished' and titled in pencil 'Woman with Flowers' on verso.
Peppino Mangravite (1896-1978), an American artist of Italian descent, was an accomplished painter who created deeply poetic / lyrical works largely from observation and personal experience.
Mangravite later served as the Director of the Art Department at Sarah Lawrence and a professor of painting at Columbia University. He was also a prominent art critic whose contributions can be found in countless art journals.
1914-1917 Cooper Union Art School
1917 Art Students League (mentored by Robert Henri)
Gold medal for mural painting at the Philadelphia Sesquicentennial Exhibition, 1926
Guggenheim Fellowships in 1932 and 1935
1938 his work was included in the Venice Biennale in Italy
The American Gold Medal Purchase Prize, Golden Gate Exposition, San Francisco, 1939
Alice McFadden Eyre Medal for best print
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, 1946
Silver medal for mosaic design, Architectural League of New York, 1955.
U.S. Treasury Department to paint murals for post offices in Hempstead, N.Y. and Atlantic City, N.J.
Mural for the Governor's Mansion in the Virgin Islands
Mosaic mural for the main altar of the Workers' Chapel, St. Anthony's Shrine, Boston, Mass. less
- 30.25ʺW × 0.75ʺD × 22.1ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good, vintage condition Good, vintage condition less
- Peppino Mangravite
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Acrylic Paint
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.