Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This Sideboard is the 2nd of a pair of "sister" cabinets, inspired by French Designers circa 1940’s, such as ... moreThis Sideboard is the 2nd of a pair of "sister" cabinets, inspired by French Designers circa 1940’s, such as Paul Dupre-Lafon, Jacques Adnet, and Maxime Old.The rare and irreplaceable old growth Brazilian Rosewood veneer was harvested in the mid 20th century and used for a project in Saudi Arabia that was fabricated by Walter P. Sauer. This notable high end furniture Manufacturer, also owned by Anthony Morris since 1987, has been in continuous operation in New York City under the Sauer name since 1886. The remaindered veneer, kept in storage for decades, waiting for a moment of inspiration that would best utilize the "spider" grain of this material, has been book-matched at the center, and slip-matched out from center to create a forest like pattern worthy of this exceptional species of wood. The interiors and all exposed surfaces are also veneered in the Rosewood, the base is inter-layered with hand crafted satin bronze sheet, and the custom pulls that pay homage to the work of Paul Dupré-Lafon, are also hand crafted in Bronze. The two rare "sister" cabinets, different only in the matching of the cut of the veneer that is "patterned" on the doors, are exceptionally well crafted, from the custom "in-house" veneer work to the fitting of the vintage Swedish "knife" pivot hinges in the top and bottom of the doors. Available as a pair (the first cabinet of the pair is posted separately), or for sale individually, these cabinets may also be purchased in limited production and made to order, in various woods that are currently available in the world market, and this design may also be customized in collaboration with the designer. Design: ANTHONY MORRIS Manufacture: Walter P. Sauer Photography: Todd Weinstein Productions less
- 84ʺW × 18ʺD × 36ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This piece has lived as a gallery/showroom piece only, never used. The condition is extremely well maintained, and it ... moreThis piece has lived as a gallery/showroom piece only, never used. The condition is extremely well maintained, and it has been cleaned and re-polished by the original manufacturer to as new condition. Note that the polishing and cleaning in the professional maintainance over the years provides a vintage feel and character in the patina appropriate to this distinctive mid-century design and material. The appearance of this classic piece of furniture has only been enhanced with age. less
- Anthony Morris
- Anthony Morris
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Deco Credenzas and Sideboards
- New York Credenzas and Sideboards
- Wood Credenzas and Sideboards
- Metal Credenzas and Sideboards
- Mid-Century Modern Credenzas and Sideboards
- Brown Credenzas and Sideboards
- Rosewood Credenzas and Sideboards
- Traditional Credenzas and Sideboards
- Bronze Credenzas and Sideboards
- Orange Credenzas and Sideboards
- Sienna Credenzas and Sideboards
- Veneer Credenzas and Sideboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.