Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Furniture designer Poul Kjæerholm (Danish, 1929 - 1980) began his career as a cabinetmaker’s apprentice in 1948 before attending the ...
moreFurniture designer Poul Kjæerholm (Danish, 1929 - 1980) began his career as a cabinetmaker’s apprentice in 1948 before attending the Danish School of Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen in 1952. After his education, he created furniture for E. Kold Christiansen, producing an extensive variety of pieces. While his output was varied, his aesthetic was apparent early in his career, implementing his PK minimalist style as early as 1952.
While Kjærholm embraced the minimalistic style of Danish design at the time, he used metal as his primary material rather than wood, balancing the metal with leather, cane, marble, or wood. He explained, “Steel’s constructive potential is not the only thing that interests me; the refraction of light on its surface is an important part of my artistic work. I consider steel a material with the same artistic merit as wood and leather.” Inspired by the work of Piet Mondrian, Gerrit Rietveld, and Mies van der Rohe, his work is imbued with a love for clarity, perfection, and detail.
Kjærholm won the Lunning Award in 1958 for his PK22 chair as well as the Grand Prize at the Milan Triennial in 1957 and 1960. In 1967 he was awarded the Danish ID Prize for his contributions for design, becoming the head of the Institute for Design in 1973. In 2006 he had a major retrospective at the Louisiana Modern Art Museum in Denmark, and his work is in the permanent collection of museums around the world, including the Museum of Modern Art in New York. less
- 55ʺW × 55ʺD × 25.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Poul Kjaerholm
- Poul Kjaerholm
- Place of Origin
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Number of Leaves
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.