Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Kaare Klint (1888-1954) was a Danish furniture designer and architect- a celebrated influencer in the birth of modern Danish design ...
moreKaare Klint (1888-1954) was a Danish furniture designer and architect- a celebrated influencer in the birth of modern Danish design. Born in Frederiksberg, he designed his first pieces of furniture in 1914, for the Faaborg Museum, including a chair that marked the first of Denmark's classic design. From the start, his work hovered between form and material, earlier styles and cultures, while also exemplifying adroit craftsmanship.
Klint opened his own firm in 1920, and continued designing pieces for many notable museums, including the Danish Museum of Decorative Art and the Thorvaldsens Museum in Copenhagen. Klint combined his research-driven acumen and love of fine wood to produce high quality revolutionary forms.
Klint was a founder of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Furniture School in Copenhagen, where he taught from 1924 - 1954. A primary force in the school, he helped shape many prominent designers, most notably Poul Kjaerholm and Børge Mogensen. During a time when Bauhaus and Modernism was actively rejecting classicism, Klint embraced past traditions; he believed the basis for creating significant and honest new design was by truly understanding previous molds, classical and pure lines coupled with logical form and functionalism.
In 1949, Klint was awarded the title of Honorary Royal Designer for Industry in London, followed by the C.F. Hansen Medal from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in 1954. His work is included in the collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London; Designmuseum Danmark, Denmark; the Faaborg Museum, Copenhagen; the Israel Museum, Jerusalem; and the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York, among many others. less
- 34.5ʺW × 17.5ʺD × 32ʺH
- Kaare Klint
- Kaare Klint
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.