Before we start…..you can RELAX…..these are not real elephant tusks and are MOST DEFINITELY NOT made of ivory !!! These ...
moreBefore we start…..you can RELAX…..these are not real elephant tusks and are MOST DEFINITELY NOT made of ivory !!! These are 100% LEGAL!
These are 'faux' tusks.....hand-carved sections of bone placed onto a wooden carcass in the shape of a tusk ............... to 'mimic' a large elephant tusk.
The carved sections are assembled like a complicated but beautiful jigsaw puzzle !
The end result is stunning !!!!!!!
The 2 matching "tusks" are highly decorative and imposing pieces......they exhibit extremely good quality carving and were HIGHLY EXPENSIVE to make and buy.
They depict various scenes of warriors, dragons, villages, foliage, trees etc.
Each tusk tells an individual 'Story" from Chinese folklore.
These are Vintage pieces.....probably made about 50 years ago in the mid-20th Century......they are VERY RARE AND HIGHLY DESIRABLE !!
HIGH QUALITY WORKMANSHIP........it would have taken Months of specialist carving to make each tusk .
Each tusk sits on a black lacquer stand which holds the tusk upright.
- 11.25ʺW × 11.25ʺD × 87ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Condition: Excellent. One or two bone panels have been lost and repaired at the base of each tusk, but not ...
moreCondition: Excellent. One or two bone panels have been lost and repaired at the base of each tusk, but not noticeable and do not in any way detract from the pieces.
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.