BEAUTIFUL Early 19th Century......circa 1830 ..... William IV Period ......mahogany Regency Gothic Revival Wardrobe or Armoire or Linen Press with ...
moreBEAUTIFUL Early 19th Century......circa 1830 ..... William IV Period ......mahogany Regency Gothic Revival Wardrobe or Armoire or Linen Press with central mirrored tabernacle and 5 drawer chest of drawers. The best way to describe it is as a recessed breakfront wardrobe.
The piece consists of 2 side closets for hanging clothes or vestments with single large drawer at floor level. The exterior of the side closets is beautiful flamed Cuban mahogany with side pillars ending with acanthus leaf cornices. The front is framed with a simple domed shaped frieze that simulates a Gothic window or portal.
The pelmet is likewise made of flamed mahogany but in a much simpler form..........indicative of the William IV period style.
The central section consists of a 2 door mirrored press with classic Gothic Revival shape and form to simulate a tabernacle. When opened, the tabernacle has one shelf for storage of personal belongings.
Beneath the tabernacle are 5 drawers. The first one is smaller and they get larger as they graduate downwards. Again, these are veneered in gorgeous Cuban flamed and butterflied mahogany.....but they contrast beautifully with the rest of the piece as they do not have the deep red color of the rest of the piece.
The entire piece rests on a solid base with brass castors for easy movement. less
- 83ʺW × 21ʺD × 85ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very Good. Some minor cracks and repairs. Some very minor loss of veneer. Damage spot to one mirror. Very Good. Some minor cracks and repairs. Some very minor loss of veneer. Damage spot to one mirror. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.