HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE solid sterling silver Coffee and Tea Service from renowned American Silversmiths, Frank M. Whiting & Co.
Fully marked. ... moreHIGHLY COLLECTIBLE solid sterling silver Coffee and Tea Service from renowned American Silversmiths, Frank M. Whiting & Co.
Fully marked. The Set includes a complete matching Set of Coffee Pot, Tea Pot, Lidded Sugar Urn and Creamer.
This Set is CLASSIC Aesthetic Movement....inspired by the famous silversmith designer and icon that was Christopher Dresser. Whilst there is no record of Dresser designing for Frank M. Whiting he did design for Tiffany and this set is clearly a HOMAGE to Dresser's designs.
Beautiful clean lines, none of the 'fuss' of Victoriana which had immediately preceded it.
The handles are classically 'Dresser' in design but the pieces each are topped with a Bud Finial, reflecting the Architectural style that was the Aesthetic movement.
Frank M. Whiting was founded in 1878. It became Frank M. Whiting & Co in 1896 and continued under that name to 1940.
Unlike British silver which has hallmarks identifying the year of manufacture, American silver does not, BUT based upon the style of this Set and the period of the American Aesthetic Movement we are of the FIRM OPINION that this Set is from 1896 to 1900.
It is a VERY EARLY Frank M. Whiting & Co Set.
The Coffee Pot is 3.75 of a Pint.
The Tea Pot is 3 Pint..
Both Pots have bone insulated rings on the handles.....a quality and practical detail. less
- 10.25ʺW × 5.75ʺD × 11.75ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint Near Mint less
- Aesthetic Movement
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.