HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE solid sterling silver Coffee and Tea Service from renowned American Silversmiths, Frank M. Whiting & Co.
Fully marked ... moreHIGHLY COLLECTIBLE solid sterling silver Coffee and Tea Service from renowned American Silversmiths, Frank M. Whiting & Co.
Fully marked. The Set includes a complete matching Set of Coffee Pot, Tea Pot, Lidded Sugar Urn and Creamer.
This Set is CLASSIC Aesthetic Movement....inspired by the famous silversmith designer and icon that was Christopher Dresser. Whilst there is no record of Dresser designing for Frank M. Whiting he did design for Tiffany and this set is clearly a HOMAGE to Dresser's designs.
Beautiful clean lines, none of the 'fuss' of Victoriana which had immediately preceded it.
The handles are classically 'Dresser' in design but the pieces each are topped with a Bud Finial, reflecting the Architectural style that was the Aesthetic movement.
Frank M. Whiting was founded in 1878. It became Frank M. Whiting & Co in 1896 and continued under that name to 1940.
Unlike British silver which has hallmarks identifying the year of manufacture, American silver does not, BUT based upon the style of this Set and the period of the American Aesthetic Movement we are of the FIRM OPINION that this Set is from 1896 to 1900.
It is a VERY EARLY Frank M. Whiting & Co Set.
The Coffee Pot is 3.75 of a Pint.
The Tea Pot is 3 Pint..
Both Pots have bone insulated rings on the handles.....a quality and practical detail. less
- 10.25ʺW × 5.75ʺD × 11.75ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Aesthetic Movement
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint Near Mint less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.