PRESENTING an EXTREMELY RARE, TRULY HISTORIC and HIGHLY DESIRABLE set of 5 leather bound Volumes of the Fourth Edition 1781 ...
morePRESENTING an EXTREMELY RARE, TRULY HISTORIC and HIGHLY DESIRABLE set of 5 leather bound Volumes of the Fourth Edition 1781 State Trials for High Treason, and other Crimes and Misdemeanours, editorialized by Francis Hargrave Esq. and 2 of which are signed by their owner, John Howes of Grays Inns, The Old Bailey, London in 1784.
These Volumes were published in 1781 and deal with the various famous State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason, Commencing from the 11th Year of the Reign of King Richard II to the 16th Year of the Reign of King George III.
Included in the recorded Trials are such notable Trials as:
Anna Boleyn (Henry VII), Edward Duke of Buckingham (Henry VIII), John Dudley (Queen Mary), Philip Howard (Elizabeth I), Mary Queen of Scots (Elizabeth I), Oliver St John (James I), John Wilkes, James Sommersett (ending slavery in the UK), Oliver Plunkett AND MANY MORE!
What makes these Volumes of EVEN MORE INTEREST is that they were owned by JOHN HOWES in 1784, who gives his address as GRAY'S INNS.
Mr.Howes was obviously a Barrister attached to the famous Law Chambers of Gray's Inns in the Old Bailey in 1784.
YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER SET LIKE THIS ANYWHERE.
- 11ʺW × 12ʺD × 17.2ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some damage and losses to the leather bindings. Some foxing and discoloration and some creasing to some of the pages ... moreSome damage and losses to the leather bindings. Some foxing and discoloration and some creasing to some of the pages. But in remarkably good condition considering their age....236 years old!! less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.