PRESENTING an EXTREMELY RARE, TRULY HISTORIC and HIGHLY DESIRABLE set of 5 leather bound Volumes of the Fourth Edition 1781 ...
morePRESENTING an EXTREMELY RARE, TRULY HISTORIC and HIGHLY DESIRABLE set of 5 leather bound Volumes of the Fourth Edition 1781 State Trials for High Treason, and other Crimes and Misdemeanours, editorialized by Francis Hargrave Esq. and 2 of which are signed by their owner, John Howes of Grays Inns, The Old Bailey, London in 1784.
These Volumes were published in 1781 and deal with the various famous State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason, Commencing from the 11th Year of the Reign of King Richard II to the 16th Year of the Reign of King George III.
Included in the recorded Trials are such notable Trials as:
Anna Boleyn (Henry VII), Edward Duke of Buckingham (Henry VIII), John Dudley (Queen Mary), Philip Howard (Elizabeth I), Mary Queen of Scots (Elizabeth I), Oliver St John (James I), John Wilkes, James Sommersett (ending slavery in the UK), Oliver Plunkett AND MANY MORE!
What makes these Volumes of EVEN MORE INTEREST is that they were owned by JOHN HOWES in 1784, who gives his address as GRAY'S INNS.
Mr.Howes was obviously a Barrister attached to the famous Law Chambers of Gray's Inns in the Old Bailey in 1784.
YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER SET LIKE THIS ANYWHERE.
- 11ʺW × 12ʺD × 17.2ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some damage and losses to the leather bindings. Some foxing and discoloration and some creasing to some of the pages. ... moreSome damage and losses to the leather bindings. Some foxing and discoloration and some creasing to some of the pages. But in remarkably good condition considering their age....236 years old!! less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.