PRESENTING an EXTREMELY RARE and HIGHLY DESIRABLE Book !
This is a 19th Century ..... circa 1873.........one of 2 Volumes of ... morePRESENTING an EXTREMELY RARE and HIGHLY DESIRABLE Book !
This is a 19th Century ..... circa 1873.........one of 2 Volumes of the Complete Works of William Shaespeare.
This Volume is Volume II which contains Shakespeare's Tragedies.........the most sought after.
The Book is bound in burgundy Moroccan Leather with gilded decoration, and gilded edges.
This is the Imperial Edition of the 'Works of Shakespere' .... edited by Charles Knight with a large number of Engravings on Steel, contained in the Book.
The Publishers were Virtue & Co., Limited, 294 City Road, London.
The Engravings are by:
This particular version is EXTREMELY RARE.
You will note the deliberate misspelling of the surname "Shakespere" (instead of "Shakespeare"). This was done on purpose as in the mid-19th Century it had become common to spell the name that way. It was also a 'whimsical' move by the publishers.
21 Engravings in total.
by C.W. Cope R.A., W.P. Frith R.A., C.R. Leslie A.R.A., D. MacLise R.A., E.M. Ward R.A., C. Clint A.R.A., H.S. Marks A.R.A., W.Q. Orchardson A.R.A., and OTHERS less
- 12ʺW × 3ʺD × 15ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some scuffing and fraying to the edges of the book binding. The front cover is loose from the central spine ... moreSome scuffing and fraying to the edges of the book binding. The front cover is loose from the central spine. Minor foxing on some pages, but not bad. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.