PRESENTING A VERY RARE FIRST EDITION hardback copy of The Life Record of H.W. Graber, A Terry Texas Ranger ...
morePRESENTING A VERY RARE FIRST EDITION hardback copy of The Life Record of H.W. Graber, A Terry Texas Ranger 1861 - 1865 Sixty-Two Years in Texas. Copyright 1916 by H.W. Grabber.
This EXTREMELY RARE book is in fair condition....some fraying and losses to cover and spine, some minor discoloration to the cloth cover, some water damage/foxing on the first and last couple of pages, but otherwise very good for it's age.
What makes this 1st Edition EVEN MORE SPECIAL is the fact that it has been inscribed by Mr. Graber HIMSELF!
He has handwritten the following inside the front cover on the 1st page: " With the Compliments of the Author".
Due to the impeccable Texas provenance of this book this inscription could have been made by none other than Mr. Graber.
BY WAY OF ADDED, ADDED BONUS this Book comes with a REVIEW 'clipping' from the Dallas Times Herald, Sunday, March 19, 1916.(See Photos)
This book was part of the extensive private collection of the Calvert Hall/Obenchain/Godwin/McMillan Collection formerly of Bowling Green, KY, Waxahacie and later, Highland Park, Texas.
AS you can see from the history of this Collection (see our PDF) the family have very strong ancestral ties to the States of Virginia, Kentucky and Texas.
The family was a VERY PROMINENT family in Texas in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries..........it is therefore 'no surprise' that Mr. Graber knew one of the members of the family and gifted this book to them.
The book has remained in family ownership since it was presented to them by Mr. Graber.
This is a EXTREMELY RARE First Edition TEXAS Book !!
THIS IS THE 'HOLY GRAIL' OF TEXAS BOOKS!!!
First edition. 8vo. Three quarter leather and cloth, frontis., (portrait of H. W. Graber), 442 pp., preface. One of the finest narratives relating to the 8th Texas Cavalry and his reminiscences of early Ellis and Dallas Counties. His experiences during the Civil War were both numerous and varied in nature, as he was wounded in Tennessee and captured, tried to escape, and was imprisoned. Eventually he was paroled and rejoined his command in time to take part in the middle Tennessee Campaign. Eventually, at the end of the war, he returned to Texas after declining parole and requesting to be sent home. One of the rarest and desirable of the Texas Confederate regimentals. Howes G279, "printed in a small edition."
Only 120 Copies were made available to the General Public!!!
- 5.5ʺW × 2ʺD × 7.75ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This EXTREMELY RARE book is in fair condition. Some fraying and losses to cover and spine, some minor discoloration to ... moreThis EXTREMELY RARE book is in fair condition. Some fraying and losses to cover and spine, some minor discoloration to the cloth cover, some water damage/foxing on the first and last couple of pages, but otherwise good for it's age. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.